Pulsion Technology is recruiting for a QA Test Engineer to join our team. We are an innovative and successful software development consultancy, who deliver solutions to a range of public, private and third sector organisations across the world. We are an AWS Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and ISO9001/27001 certified
As a result of the global covid-19 pandemic, Pulsion have taken the opportunity to review how we as a company work and have decided to adopt a work from anywhere (within the UK) policy. We do still have our Glasgow office which is open for business, and the successful applicant will have the option to work remotely, work in the office or adopt a hybrid option. The successful applicant will play a key role in the company, working with the development teams and Project Managers to deliver a range of interesting projects for new and existing clients.
We pride ourselves in the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. The successful candidate will have an interest in all thing’s tech, and a good work ethic as well as the ability to take initiative and manage workload.
- Work as part of an Agile delivery team as a QA tester, performing manual testing and where possible automated testing.
- Work with our Support team and developers to re-produce customer reported problems and where possible, walk developers through the problem so that they fix it.
- Actively collaborate with the team clients to clarify user stories and acceptance criteria, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness.
- Write comprehensive test cases to cover current sprint development tasks, whilst building and maintaining an overall regression test suite.
- Report bugs/defects found during test execution and verify that resolved bugs have been fixed in the test and UAT environments.
- Work with Project Managers and Lead Developers to determine the impact and priority of bugs found.
- Proactively participate in Scrum ceremonies, i.e., daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement sessions, team retrospectives by suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Assist the team in terms of test automation techniques and implementation.
- Execute performance and load tests on applications where applicable, reporting back on improvements and regressions, whilst identifying any gaps.
- Mentor Junior members of the QA team, such as modern apprentices and junior QA’s.
- Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or demonstrable related experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working within an Information Technology environment specialising in Software QA.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on different projects.
- Experience of writing test cases and test plans.
- Experience working within an agile development environment.
- Experience testing cloud-based applications (AWS, Azure).
- Experience testing React web applications.
- Experience testing mobile applications.
- Experience using Jira and SharePoint.
- Release Management experience.
- Experience with TDD/BDD.
- Experience with test automation tools and Performance and Load testing tools.
- Experience working as part of a remote team.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery environment.
- Previous experience working in a Software Consultancy or Software House.
How To Apply
All applicants must reply by sending in a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range depending on experience.