Pulsion Technology is recruiting for a Software Development Manager to join our team. We are an innovative and successful software development consultancy, who deliver solutions to a range of public, private and third sector organisations across the world. We are an AWS Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and ISO9001/27001 certified.
This role will initially be based remote working from home followed by a combination of remote working and from our office in Glasgow when current restrictions allow. You will play a key role in the leadership team to drive project implementation for our wide client base.
We pride ourselves in the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. The successful candidate will have an interest in all things tech, and a good work ethic as well as the ability to take initiative, manage workload, staff and multiple client projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formalise customer and business requirements into achievable project goals
- Plan the project timeframes, budgets and costs
- Plan the resourcing requirements to medium and long-term goals
- Help facilitate architecture development and design
- Produce project timelines
- Provide visibility to the wider leadership team
- Provide regular feedback and status of projects to customers as well as the internal management team
- Drive day to day Development, QA & DevOps activities
- Help the team to stay focused throughout the development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and/or project schedule
- Provide Line Management responsibilities for the engineering team
- Manage and mentor developers of different levels to help meet their career goals and personal development objectives
- Own the Performance Review process for direct reports.
- Make priority calls to maintain a realistic balance between feature development priorities and urgent customer needs
- Provide assistance in the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, motivating, and retention of the team
- Agile methodologies
- Leadership skills
- Managing projects
- Data Analysis
- Decision making
- Presentation skills
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Commensurate industry experience.
- Extensive experience leading teams to build, test, and deploy high quality, highly reliable, scalable applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- Experience working on product development and project management using agile methodology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing a team of Software Developers to ensure products and / or solutions are delivered in a timely fashion and with high-quality standards.
- Demonstrated technical leadership / mentoring skills.
- Experienced in the line management of developers.
- Experienced in the management of external resources and programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to deliver high-value products in a team environment.
- Experience working on a Cloud platform and structuring an engineering organisation for a cloud-based solution.
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Dress down
- + More
How To Apply:
All applicants must reply by sending in a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range depending on experience.
No agencies please.