Peaks and Troughs in Projects
Pulsion has worked with OneSearch for over 15 years acting as a complementary extension to their own internal IT team. OneSearch recognised that peaks and troughs in IT project activity were becoming a challenge to manage internally and were also keen to have access to a wider range of technical skills quickly available as and when required.
Rapid Access to Technical Skills
Having a technical resource that OneSearch could call upon as projects dictate would address the challenge of fluctuating demands and make available a wider variety of technical skills. OneSearch would not have to undergo a lengthy recruitment process to find their own full time employees, train them and retain them. With a proven track record of delivery and technology innovation, Pulsion were in a prime position to be able to extend their support services to include OneSearch’s further technical requirements. OneSearch now work collaboratively with Pulsion’s support and software development team as if they were an extension of their own in-house IT department:
- Pulsion offers OneSearch the flexibility of having additional technical resource available to call upon at short notice as demands or skills requirements dictates
- Working alongside OneSearch’s own in-house IT department ensured the continuity of service during fluctuations in demand and offers a wider range of technical expertise that existed in-house
- Pulsion’s software development team offer advice and guidance around the continual development of systems to take advantage of technology changes, efficiencies in operation and reduction in system costs
“We hold a great deal of trust in Pulsion’s expertise and always been extremely happy with the quality of service they provide”
Elizabeth Jarvis, Managing Director, OneSearch
The continuation of the support and maintenance service provides OneSearch with access to Pulsion’s Helpdesk, allowing them to report issues via the telephone, email or web-based issue tracking system. This ensures that contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met and OneSearch are updated with the progress of any reported issues at each stage.
Working In Partnership
OneSearch has come to rely upon Pulsion’s expertise and flexible approach. The working relationship and cultural compatibility that has developed means that OneSearch and Pulsion both fully understand each other’s businesses and capabilities – this creates a productive platform for planning future business and technology changes:
- In many cases, Pulsion has been able to automate repetitive manual jobs, shortening the amount of time spent on a task
- OneSearch can avoid the cost of recruiting, training and retaining full time in-house IT staff and take advantage of the Pulsion skills pool available as and when required
Established in 1992, OneSearch Direct is the largest local search data company in the UK, providing property information and conveyancing search reports to solicitors nationwide. OneSearch Direct were one of the founding members of he Council of Property Search Organisation (CoPSO) and The Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) and have over 20 years’ industry expertise in property data searches.
The team at MethaMeasure Ltd. were looking to add more features and flexibility to their dispensing and tracking application and their Controlled Drug Register system (CDRx). These solutions are used by pharmacies and clinics across the UK so, of course, it’s essential that they continue to keep them delighted with the level of service provided. Methameasure were also looking for an organisation who could provide ongoing development services and support; they decided to work with Pulsion Technology based on their technical expertise and extensive support capabilities.
Pulsion and MethaMeasure worked together to optimise these business-critical systems, utilising Pulsion’s extensive experience of supporting and developing numerous core systems. CDRx was quickly and successfully ported to Amazon Web Services (AWS) secure hosted environment. Additionally, the software was added to Pulsion’s application repository to allow for auditable future development. The dispensing system was simplified from multiple product lines to one single version reducing the software complexity and support overhead. This version can be tailored to the requirements of each MethaMeasure client. As a result of hosting CDRx securely on AWS, MethaMeasure can be flexible with the scalability of their operations, allowing them to increase / decrease users as required.
Pulsion’s skilled technical team encourages a collaborative approach with MethaMeasure’s team to improve accessibility and speed of implementation for updates.
Now that Pulsion has hosting and management control of CDRx and the dispensing & tracking application, the future development of both is being scoped and planned in a collaborative manner with the MethaMeasure team, always taking into account the individual needs of MethaMeasure’s existing and future clients. As MethaMeasure’s usage and growth expands, so the software requirements and underlying infrastructure (and team) grows and adapts with it.
The partnership formed between Pulsion and MethaMeasure continues to evolve and develop MethaMeasure’s systems in order to support the business’growth ambitions and the specific needs of its clients.
MethaMeasure Ltd. is the provider of a computerised methadone dispensing system helping pharmacies, clinics and correctional facilities dispense methadone quickly, accurately and safely.
Long Term Relationship
Pulsion has worked as technology partner with OneSearch for over 15 years acting as a complementary extension to their own internal IT team. Pulsion provide a wide range of software development services, additional technical resource, support and maintenance for OneSearch’s business critical systems.
“We have worked with Pulsion for over 15 years – in that time the relationship has evolved from one of a supplier of technical services to a trusted advisor for our business critical systems. We hold a great deal of trust in Pulsion’s expertise and have always been extremely happy with the quality of service they provide”
More specifically, Pulsion has been instrumental in the evolution of our business critical Certification Management System. This is set to continue as technology advances and the services OneSearch provides to our customers evolve.”
Elizabeth Jarvis, Managing Director, OneSearch
Business Critical System Development
More than 15 years ago, OneSearch were looking for a technology partner to re-develop their existing Certificate Management System (CMS) – a database of property search certificates. The CMS was fundamental to the success of their business in order for OneSearch to remain competitive and deliver a valued service, therefore, continual development and support of the system was important.
OneSearch recognised that a specialist technology partner would be required to recommend the best development approach and support the application of an ongoing basis.
Understanding Core Business Objectives
After working with OneSearch to develop an understanding of their core business objectives, needs and wants, Pulsion illustrated their depth of technical expertise in software development, their flexible support and maintenance offering and their ability to deliver on-time and within budget. Following the re-development of CMS, Pulsion continue to provide ongoing development, support and maintenance of the system.
Ongoing Scalable Support
OneSearch were keen to have access to a wider range of technical skills that could compliment their in-house IT team, especially when considering future developments for their CMS database. OneSearch now work collaboratively with Pulsion’s support and software development team as if they were an extension to their own in-house IT department. Pulsion’s software development team offer advice and guidance around the continual development of CMS to take advantage of technology changes, efficiencies in operation and reduction in system costs.
Lowered Costs & Increased Peace of Mind
OneSearch’s CMS solution was migrated away from a desktop based application to a web solution saving them considerable infrastructure costs overall. OneSearch can also enjoy the peace of mind that their business critical system, CMS, is in safe hands with Pulsion’s support and maintenance service.
As well as supporting CMS, OneSearch and Pulsion continue to work together to help improve their business processes, product offering and compliance/legal changes and are always on the lookout for containing costs and improving efficiency.
Established in 1992, OneSearch Direct is the largest local search data company in the UK, providing property information and conveyancing search reports to solicitors nationwide. OneSearch Direct were one of the founding members of the Council of Property Search Organisation (CoPSO) and The Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) and have over 20 years’ industry expertise in property and data searches.
Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) wanted to improve their users experience and provide relevant and regionally focused content. The aim was to create a website which was separate to the UK wide website already available with a fresh design.
FCS invited several companies within the Public Sector framework to tender for the project which resulted in Pulsion Technology being awarded the contract. A tailored solution utilising the Joomla! content management system, with a MySQL database and custom PHP components.
Pulsion worked closely with FCS to fully understand both the technical and branding requirements. A key deliverable of the project was to provide site administration training to FCS publishing staff. The result is a flexible web platform with custom features and a flexible publishing system. The website is more structured, usable, and accessible for the FCS’s end users. The platform is future proofed too – as FCS grows and needs change, the system is flexible enough to change it.
The new site delivered:
- New and modern website with flexible development options
- Custom features to integrate into their Joomla content management system and meet FCS’s specific requirements
- A clear structure, helpful search facility and user friendly navigation options
- Meets current and emerging business and end user needs
- Maximise site usability, meet accessibility standards and FCS brand guidelines
- Cater for mobile users by building a website with a responsive design that alters depending on the size of the user’s screen
Visit the new Forestry Commission Scotland Website at scotland. http://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/
As part of Renfrewshire Council’s ‘Tackling Poverty Strategy 2015-2017’, the Commission reported on its child poverty findings and proposed recommendations for responding. The report covers a wide range of social impacts and sets out its strategy to help Renfrewshire families in poverty. As a result of the report, Renfrewshire Council set aside funding for 52 individual projects, one of which was to join up advice services in Renfrewshire. The Advice Partnership Renfrewshire project is already making a difference to people living in the area and aims to “… make advice as easy to access as possible in Renfrewshire, ensuring people who need advice can get appointments quickly and at a convenient place.” (Renfrewshire Council, 2015) Advice Partnership Renfrewshire comprises of 12 advice agencies including Shelter, Citizens Advice Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire Wide Credit Union and Recovery Across Mental Health and all deliver a wide range of specialist support services to the general public. These invaluable services offer advice and support covering a variety of needs such as housing, legal, debt and money advice, and health concerns.Making life easier through improved advice services
Multi-Agency Referral & Tracking Case Study Renfrewshire Council
Historically, when a member of the public approached an agency for help, it was often the case that the individual would need to be referred to another more appropriate advice agency, or a collection of advice agencies due to the complexity of their needs. To establish the individuals’ precise support requirements, a certain amount of information would need to be recorded and logged in the advice agency’s database. The support worker would then decide on which advice agency or agencies would provide the most appropriate support and start to contact them to make the appointments.
The task of creating these referral appointments with another advice agency or multiple advice agencies involved support workers calling and/or emailing individuals within the other agencies. This would often depend upon any pre-existing relationships between support workers in partner agencies. The sort of challenges that this caused both for the agencies and the individuals were wide ranging. • The speed of manually processing each advice agency enquiry was often hampered by repeating and re-keying the same information numerous times as individual advice agencies had their own separate databases. There was no infrastructure in place to share an individual’s information with other agencies. •
- There was no single system in place to create, manage and track multiple referral appointments and no quick way to monitor the progress of an individual’s referral. As a result, limited updates could be given to the individual as to the progress of their case, putting both the individual and the advice agencies under considerable stress.
- Setting up multiple referral appointments with other agencies was via specific contacts which could add to delays if specific support workers were not present or on holiday. In collaboration with Renfrewshire Council and Advice Partnership Renfrewshire, Pulsion Technology created a Multi-Agency Referral & Tracking System that would address all these challenges and significantly improve the referral and tracking of multiple advice agency appointments.
“Advice services are provided by a range of agencies, all doing a fantastic job in supporting customers. In Renfrewshire, we have developed an Advice Partnership to provide a more “joined up” service, and the Pulsion referral and tracking system made this more effective by creating links that help customers navigate the various agencies.”
Gary Innes Customer Services Manager Renfrewshire Council
In order for Pulsion to fully understand the needs and wants of the respective user communities a User-Centred Design (UCD) approach, involving multiple stakeholder workshops, was used in combination with an Agile development methodology. Multiple iterations of the system were developed and through continuous user testing and refinement, the finished solution was quickly delivered to the advice agencies.
“The online referral system allows us to track the referrals easily, and check the progress of each individual case”
Income Advisor Advice Works
The digital solution was developed using the latest Microsoft technologies and provided secure access for all the advice agencies involved. The shared digital solution securely stored all necessary information and was available to all agencies via the internet. The solution was fully responsive on all internet browsers and mobile devices. This common digital solution eliminated the need for any rekeying of data as the information ‘followed’ the individual from agency to agency as appropriate and could be updated by any of the referred agencies involved. Specifically, it also quickly and easily created multiple agency referrals, tracked their progress and provided feedback on the conclusions of these referrals to the advice agencies and the individual concerned. The Multi-Agency Referral & Tracking System delivered the following improvements:
- A secure system which was optimised to support the advice agency personnel in order to deliver the most relevant advice and assistance possible to the individual, regardless of whether this was from one agency or multiple agencies.
- The new system eliminated the need to re-key and/or duplicate client information – the individual would only need to provide this information once and was accessible to all relevant agencies at the time of the appointment.
- The system’s user interface was optimised to increase the speed of data capture of the individual’s needs, making this a less time-consuming task for the advice agency.
- Support workers within the advice agencies simply and easily created multiple referral appointments without having to contact partner advice agencies directly themselves. All organisations worked in partnership through the system rather than via defined contacts and phone/e-mail.
- The new system facilitated data sharing, improved the quality and accuracy of the information captured and ensured consistency of data across all the agencies.
- Significantly, this system captured and generated management information with no need for manual aggregation or intervention.
As a result of implementing the MultiAgency Referral & Tracking System, the following benefits have been realised by the Advice Partnership Renfrewshire:
- Improved Service Efficiency & Delivery – the entire end to end appointment referral and tracking experience was optimised based on the support worker’s requirements and significantly increased the efficiency and transparency of the service provided to the general public.
- Enhanced Communication – data sharing between the advice agencies improved collaboration where agencies worked in partnership through the system rather than relying on individuals.
- Insights into Reporting and MI – the system captured and generated management information with no need for manual aggregation or intervention and reported on the achievement of specific aims and any emerging trends.
“The system is easy to access and is user-friendly”
Senior Income Advisor Advice Works