Peaks and Troughs in Projects
Pulsion has worked with OneSearch for over 15 years acting as a complementary extension to their own internal IT team. OneSearch recognised that peaks and troughs in IT project activity were becoming a challenge to manage internally and were also keen to have access to a wider range of technical skills quickly available as and when required.
Rapid Access to Technical Skills
Having a technical resource that OneSearch could call upon as projects dictate would address the challenge of fluctuating demands and make available a wider variety of technical skills. OneSearch would not have to undergo a lengthy recruitment process to find their own full time employees, train them and retain them. With a proven track record of delivery and technology innovation, Pulsion were in a prime position to be able to extend their support services to include OneSearch’s further technical requirements. OneSearch now work collaboratively with Pulsion’s support and software development team as if they were an extension of their own in-house IT department:
- Pulsion offers OneSearch the flexibility of having additional technical resource available to call upon at short notice as demands or skills requirements dictates
- Working alongside OneSearch’s own in-house IT department ensured the continuity of service during fluctuations in demand and offers a wider range of technical expertise that existed in-house
- Pulsion’s software development team offer advice and guidance around the continual development of systems to take advantage of technology changes, efficiencies in operation and reduction in system costs
“We hold a great deal of trust in Pulsion’s expertise and always been extremely happy with the quality of service they provide”
Elizabeth Jarvis, Managing Director, OneSearch
The continuation of the support and maintenance service provides OneSearch with access to Pulsion’s Helpdesk, allowing them to report issues via the telephone, email or web-based issue tracking system. This ensures that contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met and OneSearch are updated with the progress of any reported issues at each stage.
Working In Partnership
OneSearch has come to rely upon Pulsion’s expertise and flexible approach. The working relationship and cultural compatibility that has developed means that OneSearch and Pulsion both fully understand each other’s businesses and capabilities – this creates a productive platform for planning future business and technology changes:
- In many cases, Pulsion has been able to automate repetitive manual jobs, shortening the amount of time spent on a task
- OneSearch can avoid the cost of recruiting, training and retaining full time in-house IT staff and take advantage of the Pulsion skills pool available as and when required
Established in 1992, OneSearch Direct is the largest local search data company in the UK, providing property information and conveyancing search reports to solicitors nationwide. OneSearch Direct were one of the founding members of he Council of Property Search Organisation (CoPSO) and The Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) and have over 20 years’ industry expertise in property data searches.